This will be my last post for several weeks, so I thought I’d quiz you on your knowledge of anything scary and Halloween. MWAHHHH! I’ll provide the answers upon my return. Please post your answers in the comments, and whether or not you participate in the quiz, please leave a comment regarding your favorite candy. My all-time favorite is the Honeycombed Peanut Candy. I LOVE these and haven’t had one in years.
Get ready, set, Boo!
1) Where did Halloween originate?
2) What is Halloween an abbreviation of?
3) What year and which U.S. city celebrated Halloween first?
5) Which U.S. President and his wife watched children carve pumpkins in the White House?
6) Who wrote The Legend of Sleepy Hollow?
7) Which part of Halloween is the least observed in Germany?
8) What is it called to have a morbid fear of Halloween?
9) Before we carved and dubbed the pumpkin the Jack O’Lantern, what was the traditionally carved vegetable?
10) Which town is linked to Bram Stoker’s Dracula where goths still gather over a weekend around Halloween?
11) In the original movie, Halloween, Michael’s mask was adapted and painted of which famous person?
13) How long did it take to film the original movie, Halloween?
14) What famous person died on Halloween after being shot more than 30 times by his/her own bodyguards?
15) What strong, independent woman, founder of a girl’s club, was born on Halloween?
16) What was the first wrapped penny candy in the U.S?
17) Who inspired the fictional character of Dracula in Bram Stoker’s novel?
18) What does folklore say it means when you see a spider in your house on Halloween?
19) Name five horror movies inspired by real life events.
20) What singer/actor’s son played in the 1980 movie, Friday the 13th?
21) Where did the name “Elm Street” come from in the movie, A Nightmare on Elm Street?
22) How many accused witches were burned at the stake in Salem, Massachusetts?
Ghouls and Goblins,