I will no longer be accepting character interviews or eulogies.
In 2018, I’ve decided to do a few things to help self-published/indie authors. Instead of the usual author interview, I chose different avenues to provide exposure to these writers’ voices. I’ll try to post these every month, depending on participation. Below is what I have planned for the New Year:
Character interviews for an author’s latest published book, or books that are coming out in the near future. These interviews are from a character in the book. This gives readers insight into the character and the author’s writing.
What is needed:
– A synopsis about the book and character, and a link to the book cover (ex. Amazon, Smashwords, etc)
– One of these choices: 1) A list of questions answered like the character, 2) once I receive the synopsis of the character, I’ll supply the questions to be answered like the character, or 3) we’ll use LinkedIn Messenger (if you have a profile) to carry on an actual text conversation with the author in character. Your choice!
For those unfamiliar with character interviews, click here for examples.
This popped into my head recently, so I’m not sure how well it will work but I thought it would be interesting for a writer to do a character eulogy. A eulogy is a piece of writing given when someone dies, a tribute to them. Depending on your character, the eulogy would be about the horrible, funny, sweet things they did in the world. It’s another way for readers to get a feel for the character.
What is needed:
– A blurb about the book, a link to the book cover, and a link to the author’s website.
– A character eulogy (250 to 500 words).
Writing prompts are a great way for readers to get a taste of a writer’s writing. Of course, this can be done anywhere, but here they will be posted with others and readers can comment.
– Periodically check my blog’s sidebar where I’ll provide the prompt and deadline. This is your chance to subscribe to my blog.
– 250 to 500 words based off the prompt, which will be posted on the site for readers to enjoy.
– A link to the author’s website and/or Amazon profile
If you’re interested in any of the above, please email the What’s needed information to denise at authordenisebaer dot com. Whatcha waitin’ for? Get writing!
Writing and Exposure,